Point of sale system and it feature .Store management is a complex and time-consuming process that requires great attention, accuracy, the ability to optimize all stages and ensure their coordination. Owners and employees have to keep track of a large number of transactions in inventory. Doing everything by hand is very difficult, almost impossible. This approach is only suitable for small stores with a narrow assortment. However, even then a lot of time and effort is wasted.
You can easily get rid of difficulties if you use a special trading program that automates accounting operations. In the article we will talk about what advantages the use of such software gives, what it can do and what set of functions it should have. We will also explain how to properly prepare for the implementation of the program and what equipment is required for this.
The use of the program for accounting in trade facilitates the management of the store, increases the efficiency of its work and competitiveness, and contributes to business development. What is the benefit :
- Ensuring fast, accurate and well-functioning commodity accounting, its transparency. Product movement control.
- Reducing the risk of fraud and theft by personnel, the occurrence of shortages, unaccounted for stocks. It is almost impossible to deceive the program and deliberately enter incorrect information into the database.
- Easy acceptance, shipment and write-off of goods, inventory and other actions.
- Simplification and acceleration of cash transactions. Sales information is automatically sent to the company’s accounting system and to the tax service. As a result, the speed of customer service increases and, as a result, their loyalty to the store grows.
- Minimization of errors in the course of accounting and sales caused by the human factor (due to inattention, forgetfulness, dishonesty, malicious intent, and others).
- Growth in the speed of operations and productivity of personnel. Getting rid of employees from a lot of routine actions, the implementation of which is shifted to the program.
Implementing a retail program is equally useful for a huge hypermarket chain and for a small business. Automation has a positive effect on the work of any store, regardless of its size.
What Point of sale system does the store need?
You can automate all processes related to trade, or part of them. Depending on this, two types of automation are distinguished :
- Complete – is carried out in relation to all actions related to the turnover, from procurement planning to the analysis of sales dynamics.
- Partial – in this case, a special program is used only in one or several areas of the store. For example, for keeping records in a warehouse or for cash transactions.
You need to choose the appropriate type of automation depending on the characteristics of the outlet :
- assortment width;
- store format;
- equipment used (barcode scanners, TSD, scales, etc.);
- the number of outlets and cash desks installed at each of them;
- availability of a warehouse, its size and features of storage of products.
The larger the store, the more processes need to be automated. The list of programs required for this, and the requirements for them, are given in the table below :
|Soft||What features should it have?|
|For warehouse accounting||
|To work at the checkout||
|To maintain a client base||