Social Media Marketing allows for easy sharing of your experiences on daily basis. It helps individuals to keep people updated of their personal life. SMM is also beneficial for organizations to promote brand awareness of their products, interact with customers directly and post latest updates and news. Social networks are great places for posting contents like pictures, videos, status to drive engagement and interaction. These tools can also be used for running highly targeted advertisement campaign as well.
Social Media Marketing is a great way for organizations of all sizes to achieve prospects and clients. In today’s age, customers are communicating with their favorite brands directly through these social hubs. Unfortunately, if you’re not talking directly to your fans through social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, you’re missing out a great opportunity!
1. Decide on Platform: Make up your mind on what social media platform you want to use? For example, if you want to raise brand awareness and making brand identity of your product then Facebook is your friend. However,if you want to follow celebrities, public figures and want to reach global audience you should opt for Twitter. Moreover, Snapchat is great for chatting with self-destructive messages. This feature is great if you are very concerned of your privacy. Lastly, use Instagram for sharing pictures with hashtag features that makes it easy to be discovered by global audience
2. Optimize your Profile: Once you have selected the platform you want to use the next step is to optimize your profile. This helps in getting more fans, followers, likes, comments etc and also helps boost SEO efforts. There are some tips specifically for profile section, which are;
Use a photo that shows your face, instead of using irrelevant pictures of kids, animals, logos etc. Social Media is all about making connections with people and the great way is to show your face and build trust right away.
Fill in the About me section. Write what you like, what your interests are and what kind of personality you have. You can also use this space to show people what you do professionally. Also include links, if any, to your websites company etc for gaining SEO boost
3. Follow the Influencers: After optimizing your profile, you got to start engaging with the best minds of your time. If you are on Twitter you can search the influencers right away by typing their names in search box or searching in the niche they work. Additionally, if you are in Facebook you can search brands, organizations as well as public figures a like
4. Connect your Sites with SMM: Making a profile on Social media is one side of the coin. After that, you will need to connect your website with the social media. The easiest way to do is by adding social media buttons to your site html code or use plugins if you are using WordPress. This will help make a bridge and drive traffic to and fro to your website and social media.
5. Share Interesting Content: One should always aim to share interesting and relevant content or not share at all. People don’t want their news feed to be flooded with irrelevant, poorly constructed or uninteresting content. Share contents like: Motivational Quotes, Funny Jokes, Articles, Blogs, Info-graphics etc.
6. Post Frequency: Post as many times as possible in Twitter because it helps you target different time-zones and increases your global reach. However, if you are using Facebook, shares less per day because Facebook is best for Engagements on current postings instead of reach.
7. Follow and Get Followed: This is a golden rule for increasing your fan base very fast. People expect to become celebrities over night, which is a far fetched goal for common people. The only way to counter this is to follow or befriend as many like-minded or interesting people as possible. Because, this not only increases your exposure but make sure your followers don’t un-follow you.
How SMM helps businesses
SMM can help businesses achieve their marketing goals in certain ways. For example Social Media Marketing